Job Title: Production Operator, Tool Maker
Reporting To: Section Lead
Working Week: Monday – Friday
Working hours: 37/week
Location: Walker Precision Engineering, Cambuslang
About the job
To produce/re-work precision components (tools: jigs, fixtures) to the required standard meeting customer requirements in terms of both quality and OTD.
Responsible for undertaking repair, recommissioning and tool fitting works, manufacture of Jigs and fixtures to meet drawing specification as required.
Key Responsibilities Include
- To produce components (tools) in line with delivery requirements against agreed schedules
(Identify issues with fixturing, repair and assemble as required)
- Ensure that all relevant quality criteria are met
- Ensure adherence to working practices, procedures, policies, H&S
- Operate wide variety of manual and/or CNC: Turning/ Milling/Grinding centres
- Operate wide variety of power tools and hand tools
- Use calibrated measuring devised fixtures and meters
- Maintain accurate documentation related to quality & work in progress
- Repairs / re-work of nonconforming products
- Maintain a clean work area ensuring audit ready at all times
- Any other as required
- Train as required and transfer skills to any new or existing employees to support business objectives.
- Ensure a flexible and collaborative attitude within the team.
- Work constructively and support your peer team and other departments as required
- Act in an appropriate manner when dealing directly or indirectly with customers
- Ensure respect for all team members.
- Be prompt and at work on time
- Lead by example and coach others as required
- Display a positive attitude and be resilient to set backs
- Be disciplined to maintain schedules and documentation as required
Qualifications & Experience Levels
- Standard grade education
- Demonstrable examples of dexterity
- Previous experience in a similar/same role of relevant products and environment
- Experience of using hand tools
- Experience of working to high quality standards on precision components