Job Title MANUFACTURING INSPECTOR
Purpose of Role:
Working with leaders and managers to co-ordinate, support and advise Teams on all aspects with regards to Inspection. To manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Inspection & Quality are adhered to. Employ teamwork and ensure an efficient and effective work process. Reduce costs & input to business improvements. Additionally, support department and perform inspection operations as required. Work in compliance with defined build/test processes, ensuring at all time highest quality of products in a line with OTD. Support department/ business to meet set targets. Works in accordance with Company Strategy, Mission, Vision, VALUES, 4 Commandments. Participate and in various Continuous Improvement projects and contribute in achieving organizational goals and objectives.
|Reporting To||Inspection Lead|
|Working pattern||Monday – Friday, 37h-40h/week, shifts as required|
|Location||WPE premises Glasgow, any other as required|
|Key Responsibilities||· Perform incoming, in-process and outgoing product inspections according to established specifications, Work Instructions and Inspection Plans, and record acceptance/rejection decisions.
· Perform First Article Inspections, collects data, to support component/product qualification process.
· Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection issues.
· Accurately document inspection activity results in various databases.
· Maintain Inspection quality records such as incoming inspection records, non-conforming material reports, First Article Inspection records and Device History Records.
· Inspection of machined parts, components, materials, to determine defects and conformance to applicable standards and regulations;
· Must be able to perform both electrical and cosmetic inspections and be proficient at both.
· Perform other tasks as required.
· Provide technical advice as required
· Ability to rotate and learn multiple quality inspection gates.
· Programs and Operates CMM Inspection machines as required, additionally perform manual inspection
· Responsible for NC Reporting
· Responsible for calibration system maintenance when required.
· Any other as required
· Any other reasonable duties
|· Train as required and transfer skills to any new or existing employees to support business objectives.
· Ensure a flexible and collaborative attitude within the team
|Relationship Management||· Liaise with relevant parties in a professional & timely manner (information sharing on job progress, issues, etc.)
· Operate with a degree of trust & respect for other
· Adopt positive outlook and endeavour to come up with solutions to challenges
· Communicate with all work members in a clear, concise & polite manner
|Self-Management||· Works in accordance to Company strategy, Mission, Vision, Values, 4 Commandments, etc.
· Constantly challenge practices and/or procedures to drive efficiency and Continuous Improvement
· Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
· Embraces personal challenge
· Confident, rounded thinker
· Is self-aware, resilient, assertive and open to change
· Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach
· Actively Committed to team/ individual’s development
· High levels of motivation, optimistic and action orientated
|Skills and attributes||· Knowledgeable of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (desired)
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Commitment to company values and ethics
· Ability to inspect products by various methods visual, measurements, etc.
· Ability to interpret associated paperwork, engineering drawings, certifications, C of C s, etc. to verify compliance
|Qualifications & Experience Levels||· Knowledgeable in all aspect of Manufacturing inspection operations
· Experience in working under ISO (ISO14001 / ISO 9001 / OHAS 18001/ AS9100 Rev. D) standards
· Aerospace/Defence experience preferred.
· Minimum (3) years of experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
· 2-5 years of experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment
· Able to add value, reduce costs & input to business improvements
· Strong & demonstrable numeracy & IT skills, in particular: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP/MRP/, etc.
· Knowledge and understanding of Lean techniques including qc Tools, 5S would be advantageous
· Knowledgeable in the use of precision inspection measurement tools, such as callipers, micrometre, height gauge, plug gauges, thread gauges, etc.