Job Title: Production Operator (CNC Vertical Borer)
Reporting To: Team Leader
Definition & Overall Purpose of Role: To produce required components to required standard and on time to meet customer expectations.
Working pattern: Day shift, however, may work shifts as and when required to meet business objectives.
Working week: Monday – Friday
Location: Walker Precision Engineering, Cambuslang
About the job
To produce precision components to the required standard meeting customer requirements in terms of both quality and OTD
- To produce components in line with delivery requirements against agreed schedules
- Ensure that all relevant quality criteria are met
- Ensure adherence to working practices, procedures, policies, H&S
- Operate wide variety of power tools and hand tools
- Use calibrated measuring devised fixtures and meters
- Maintain accurate documentation related to quality & work in progress
- Repairs / re-work of nonconforming products
- Maintain a clean work area ensuring audit ready at all times
- Any other as required
- Train as required and transfer skills to any new or existing employees to support business objectives.
- Ensure a flexible and collaborative attitude within the team.
- Work constructively and support your peer team and other departments as required
- Act in an appropriate manner when dealing directly or indirectly with customers
- Ensure respect for all team members
- Be prompt and at work on time
- Lead by example and coach others as required
- Display a positive attitude and be resilient to set backs
- Be disciplined to maintain schedules and documentation as required
Qualifications & Experience Levels
- Standard grade education
- Demonstrable examples of dexterity
- Previous experience in a similar/same role of relevant products and environment
- Experience of using hand tools
- Experience of working to high quality standards on precision components