Job: Manufacturing Engineer – CNC Programmer
Division: Walker Guidance Systems Limited
Location: Basildon, Essex
Job Type: Full-time
Working Hours: 37
Walker Precision is a forward-looking, technology-led, contract manufacturing company. Established in 1979, the company has risen to the challenge of changing market conditions, and now employs over 200 skilled personnel in three locations: Scotland, England and Poland. As an organisation, we are proud of the Vision, Mission and Values that we share. We service global markets, covering a diverse customer base in cutting-edge sectors. Due to business growth, we are looking to recruit a suitably-qualified and experienced person to join our growing organisation.
Our Vision is to grow together, delivering excellence in all we do, to enable us to become the best engineering partner for industry leading customers. Our Values are: Sustain, Team Work, Results, Innovations, Validate and Ethics, clearly identified in our ‘Four Commandments’.
About the Role
Analyse, Decide and create program for most efficient method for machining operations required to manufacture the finished job. This is a role is suitable for an experienced CAD/CAM programmer with a milling bias and the ability to program 3, 4 and 5 axis machining centres and mill/turn up to 7 axis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Experience of offline programming
- Apprentice trained
- Interpret Engineering drawings and understand GDT
- Design bespoke jigs/fixturing to support manufacturing
- Validate CNC programs using Vericut
- Produce, update, maintain manufacturing documentation
- Produce estimates
- Experience of machining various materials including Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Titanium
- Interpret CMM inspection reports
- Liaise with cross functional teams during NPI phase of product development
- Promote the Walker Vision, Mission and Values.
- Promote the Walker ‘Four Commandments’, leading by example.
- Ensure a professional and consistent approach in business relationships.
- Manage your time to achieve business objectives.
- Complete risk assessments to Identify, mitigate and resolve any project-related barriers to delivery.
- Monitor all areas of project performance, taking remedial action as required to ensure the on-time delivery of all activities.
- Committed to continuous personal development.
- Comply with applicable internal and external standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with peers and subordinates.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Self-starter, confident with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, ability to lead and motivate others.
- Problem solving and decision-making capacity.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Adherence to schedule
- Time management
- Contribution to continuous improvement
Qualifications & Experience Levels
- Knowledge of Creo Parametric (formally PROE)
- Experience of Fanuc, Mazatrol, Heidenhain controls
- Working knowledge of Renishaw probing routines
- Online programming experience
- DFM experience
- Good experience of processes and product to allow a level of independent working
- Good organisational skills demonstrated through ability to plan and prioritise
- Range of technical skills
- Ability to challenge and question existing processes based on knowledge and experience
- Can demonstrate initiative with a flexible approach to all types of work
- Good communication skills both verbal and written*