Job Title: CNC Miller/ CNC programmer/CNC operator
Reporting To: Section Lead
Working Week: Monday – Friday
Working hours: 37-40/week
Working Pattern: Shifts
Location: Cambuslang, Glasgow
Walker Precision Engineering are a forward-looking technology led, contract manufacturing company. Established in 1979 the company has risen to the challenges of changing market conditions. From small beginnings, the company now employs over 230 skilled personnel over three sites and we are proud of the Vision, Mission and Values that we all share.
Our Vision is to grow together delivering excellence in all we do, to enable us to become the best engineering partner for industry leading customers. Our Values are: Sustain, Team Work, Results, Innovative, Validate, Ethics.
Walker Precision services Markets Worldwide, covering a diverse customer base in engineering cutting edge sectors. Due to the business growth, we are currently looking for a new talent to join our growing business.
Overall Purpose of Role
As a CNC Miller (programmer/operator), you will strive to produce world class quality, precision machined components from raw material stage to completed product, for use in both aerospace and defence environments as well as a variety of bespoke end uses.
As a CNC Operator, you will be keen to take on challenges, develop your technical skills potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
Key Responsibilities Include: –
- Operate & Programme designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
- Interpret Engineering drawings, manufacturing components within set tolerances.
- Attend regular team brief meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the supervisor and implement changes when requested.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and
- Cover holidays and absence by working overtime in line with business needs.
- Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate desire and willingness to promote and ensure that 5S principles are adhered to.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
- Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders
- Operate with a degree of trust & respect for others
- Adopt positive outlook and endeavour to come up with solutions to challenges
- Communicate with all work members in a clear, concise & polite manner
- Work in a safe manner by complying to Health Safety & Environmental Policies
- Balanced and confident in work activities, team player with a positive effect on the general mood
- Makes productive contributions & consistently manages the task in hand
- Is self-aware, resilient, physically fit, fast-paced in order to get through the working day, optimistic and open to change
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty & has a collaborative approach when dealing with others
Skills & Attributes
- Able to work well & contribute as part of a strong team
- Ability to work accurately, error-free and methodically
- Good communication skills
- Good housekeeping and tidy by nature
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork & good numerical skills
- Can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Qualifications & Experience Levels
- Time served engineering apprenticeship.
- Must be fully conversant with ISO programming on Fanuc controlled lathes.
- 5-axis Matsura experience
- Horizontal Matsura experience
- Be conversant with Aerospace & Defence criteria.