Job Title: Production Operator
Reporting To: Team Leader (MCM)
Definition & Overall Purpose of Role:
To produce required components to required standard and on time to meet customer expectations.
Day shift, however, may have to work shifts as and when required to meet business objectives.
- To produce components in line with delivery requirements against agreed schedules
- Ensure that all relevant quality criteria are met
- Ensure adherence to working practices, procedures, policies, H&S
- Operate wide variety of power tools and hand tools.
- Use calibrated measuring devised fixtures and meters.
- Maintain accurate documentation related to quality & work in progress
- Repairs / re-work of nonconforming products
- Maintain a clean work area ensuring audit ready at all times
- Any other as required
- Train as required and transfer skills to any new or existing employees to support business objectives.
- Ensure a flexible and collaborative attitude within the team.
- Work constructively and support your peer team and other departments as required
- Act in an appropriate manner when dealing directly or indirectly with customers
- Ensure respect for all team members. Treat as you would expect to be treated
- Be prompt and at work on time
- Lead by example and coach others as required
- Display a positive attitude and be resilient to set backs
- Be disciplined to maintain schedules and documentation as required
Qualifications & Experience Levels
- Standard grade education
- Demonstratable examples of dexterity
- Previous experience of relevant products and environment
- Experience of using hand tools
- Experience of working to high quality standards on precision components
KPI FY18/19 TBA
Specific accountabilities linked to business objectives will be agreed annually and reviewed through the appraisal process. These will form part of the responsibilities of this role and are likely to change on an annual basis
Job Type: Full-time