Job Title: Production Operator – CNC Miller
Reporting To: Team Leader
Working week: Monday – Friday
Location: WPE Glasgow
Working pattern: Day shift, however, may have to work shifts as and when required to meet business objectives.
Walker Precision Engineering are a forward-looking technology led, contract manufacturing company. Established in 1979 the company has risen to the challenges of changing market conditions. From small beginnings, the company now employs over 230 skilled personnel over three sites, and we are proud of the Vision, Mission and Values that we all share.
Our Vision is to grow together delivering excellence in all we do, to enable us to become the best engineering partner for industry leading customers. Our Values are: Sustain, Teamwork, Results, Innovations, Validate, Ethics.
Walker Precision services Markets Worldwide, covering a diverse customer base in engineering cutting edge sectors. Due to the business growth, we are currently looking for a new talent to join our growing organization.
About the Role
Definition & Overall Purpose of Role:
To produce required components to required standard and on time to meet customer expectations.
- To produce components in line with delivery requirements against agreed schedules
- Ensure that all relevant quality criteria are met
- Ensure adherence to working practices, procedures, policies, H&S
- Operate wide variety of power tools and hand tools.
- Use calibrated measuring devised fixtures and meters.
- Maintain accurate documentation related to quality & work in progress
- Repairs / re-work of nonconforming products
- Maintain a clean work area ensuring audit ready at all times
- Any other as required
- Train as required and transfer skills to any new or existing employees to support business objectives.
- Ensure a flexible and collaborative attitude within the team.
- Work constructively and support your peer team and other departments as required
- Act in an appropriate manner when dealing directly or indirectly with customers
- Ensure respect for all team members. Treat as you would expect to be treated
- Be prompt and at work on time
- Lead by example and coach others as required
- Display a positive attitude and be resilient to set backs
- Be disciplined to maintain schedules and documentation as required
Qualifications & Experience Levels
- Time Served CNC Machinist
- Standard grade education, Demonstrable examples of dexterity
- Previous experience of relevant products and environment
- Experience of using hand tools
- Experience of working to high quality standards on precision components
- Must be fully conversant with ISO programming on Fanuc controlled lathes
- Ability to work with ITAR/EAR restricted parts